Thursday, December 9, 2010

Enjay Exclusive with Natalie Johnson


Why did you decide to open an online boutique?


I have always had a passion for fashion since I was a little girl. I would style my Barbie dolls as well as draw sketches of my designs. From that initial interest, I recognized I enjoyed styling my family and friends, in order to make them feel confident in their own skin by what they were wearing. Then, it was a statement from Oprah and then Michael Jackson confirmed that if you focus on implementing your natural born talent or what you are passionate about then you are bound for success. I took that statement and ran with it and decided to move forward with launching my own clothing store. Results from research showed that beginning with an online store would currently help the economy as well as save myself some hardships due to the current economy.

What makes your online boutique stand out from others?

Enjay Boutique stands out because a primary feature of the company is giving back to the industry by providing opportunities to talented, up and coming fashion designers, models, make-up artists, and hairstylists. Also, we provide in-home trunk shows to our local customers where we bring the store to their home and we showcase current merchandise and provide a discount to the host.

How can customers benefit from shopping at Enjay rather than a standing high end fashion department store i.e. Macy's, Nordstrom, Saks etc.? Or a standing boutique?

Since Enjay Boutique is an online high end fashion store, the ability to purchase merchandise from the internet via the comfort of your home or smartphone or even your telephone is at the length of your fingertips. Moreover, the customer service is exceptionally excellent since we ensure meeting the customer's suggested delivery date along with a personal "Thank You" note commenting on my appreciation to them as Enjay customers. We also have a guaranteed return and exchange policy where the customer may return an online item unworn with tags within 30 days of their shipped date.

How did come up with the name Enjay?

The name Enjay came from my initials "Natalie Johnson" and I spelled it out in a chic way.

Who designs for Enjay?

We currently receive clothing designs exclusively from JaJo Couture by Janean Johnson and Lisa Henley Couture by Lisa Henley. We also receive merchandise from wholesalers and companies such as (but not limited to) ASOS and Not Your Daughter's Jeans.

Where do you see Enjay in the near future?

I see Enjay Boutique being a franchise with several boutiques in key fashion locations such as Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and New York. Also, incorporating a non-profit organization by Enjay Boutique that would provide fashion students a platform to segue from school into launching a successful career or entrepreneurship.

When did you come up with the concept for Enjay?

I initially began formalizing the concept and plan in high school. And throughout my college and graduate school tenure, I had begun implementing the plan by taking a few entrepreneural courses.

Why does Enjay feature up and coming designers, models, photographers?

Enjay Boutique deems it its responsibility to give back to industry by providing opportunities to up and coming designers, models, and photographers. The industry will not continue to thrive on continuous great talent without providing opportunities to new members (designers, models, and photographers).

No comments:

Post a Comment